Jonathan has continued to enjoy his vacation to the sand. He has now informed me of our daily routine. We load the big wheel into the car and drive down to the beach (he gets to tired if he has to ride it down there as well), so he can ride along the path. Yesterday we tried out the new path that goes from where the old one ended along to the Surf House, he likes that one best as at the end of it there is a big playground. We then walk back to the car and drive to the Golf Shack for lunch. Jonathan is slowly working his way through the menu. When we get down there I sit him on the counter and he reads down the list on the menu. He started with grilled cheese sandwiches, then on to a hot dog, and has found his favorite, a hot dog with cheese and an order of french fries. The guys who work down there must feel sorry for this poor kid whose mother never makes lunch for him. We are then to come home rest for awhile and then go to the swimming pool. Yes, you did read that correctly, go to the swimming pool. Jonathan has finally discovered how much fun the pool can be. We went on Saturday and after much cajoling managed to get him in the BIG pool. He screamed a whole lot and clung onto me for dear, but slowly I got him to kick his legs and sit on my knee while holding my hands. He managed quite a while but then decided he had had enough. That night he asked if we could go to the pool again. When we got to the pool he was a bit hesitant, but got in and had a great time. The lifeguard gave him a rubber ring to use. At first he stayed close to me while he was on it, but got a bit more confident. He then wanted to get in the hot tub, when he was done there I didn't want to get back in the pool, so Jonathan got in himself with the rubber ring!!!!!!!!! He spent and hour and a half, going back and forth towards the deep end kicking away. The lifeguards were great and were helping and encouraging him. Just what he needed. He is a very happy little boy.
While we were at the pool I met a fantastic Saudi lady, we had a great time chatting. She was funny and intelligent and a lovely lady. Just proving that the Saudis are still yet to tap into their greatest resource.
While we were at the pool I met a fantastic Saudi lady, we had a great time chatting. She was funny and intelligent and a lovely lady. Just proving that the Saudis are still yet to tap into their greatest resource.

5 Comments:
Well done Jonathan!!! Proof that you really are a Bovee. We all loved the pool as kids and I am so glad you have discovered how much fun it can be.
Well said, Lucy, about your new friend.
I want to see pictures of all these things, the ride on the path, J at the playground, J on the stool at the golf shack and, most of all, in the BIG pool. You can put them on flickr. call me if you can't remember the password
Big Wheels! I remember those. We used to pedal them so quickly that the pedals wouldn't work anymore but the wheels would still go. I wonder what they're like in the sand!
I want to see pictures, too! Mostly because the picture in my head of Saudi Arabia is completely formed by our media and I have no idea what it really looks like.
And I want to see that cute kiddo with the spicy hair.
Post a Comment
<< Home